JAMB: ‘Withdrawal Of 2016 Admission List Is A National Embarrassment’


jamb

The withdrawal of admission lists which was released by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has been criticised by an educationist.

Dr Victor Akinola, the Director, Information and Communication Technology at Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education, Ijanikin, Lagos, described the withdrawal as an embarrassment.

On July 30, JAMB withdrew the lists of recommended candidates for admissions earlier sent to the tertiary institutions.

The don said, “The withdrawal could have been avoided if the board had planned well before the scrapping of post-UTME.

“The candidates whose names had been sent earlier to the universities would definitely be demoralised.

“This unfolding event could have been avoided if there had been proper planning by the board before the scrapping of post UTME,’’ he told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

“Democratically, universities should have an upper hand in determining the students to be admitted following the laid down rules and objectives.’’

The don said the opportunity now given to tertiary institutions to choose their candidates should have been the first thing to do before the post-UTME was scrapped.

The post JAMB: ‘Withdrawal Of 2016 Admission List Is A National Embarrassment’ appeared first on Naijaloaded | Nigeria No. 1 Online Portal.

NL
JAMB: ‘Withdrawal Of 2016 Admission List Is A National Embarrassment’ JAMB: ‘Withdrawal Of 2016 Admission List Is A National Embarrassment’ Reviewed by Okoror Godlyfear on 2:32 pm Rating: 5