A Family Affair: Reese Witherspoon Brings 2 of Her Kids Along on the Red Carpet

Reese Witherspoon‘s biggest fans flocked to the red carpet to support the Oscar-winner on Friday night as she received the 29th American Cinematheque Award: her kids!

Joined by her children with ex Ryan Phillippe – Ava, 16, and Deacon Phillippe, 12 – Witherspoon was all smiles as she posed with her attractive brood and husband Jim Toth at Los Angeles’ Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel.


Steve Granitz/WireImage

The star-studded event, which honored Witherspoon’s lengthy Hollywood career, attracted the likes of Kate Hudson and Jennifer Aniston.

In an off-the-shoulder, form-fitted black dress, the actress beamed while standing with mini-me Ava, who wore green, and a tux-clad Deacon.

The star’s third child, Tennessee, with husband Toth, missed out on the activities, instead, spending the night at home.

Witherspoon told reporters it was “great” to have her family (her own mother was also on hand) along with her for the special honor, and revealed that her kids weren’t necessarily familiar with her work.

Reese Witherspoon & Daughter Ava Phillippe Look the Same in Pre-premiere Photo

“They’ve never really seen me in very many films, so it should be interesting,” she told reporters before the ceremony. “I’m actually kind of, I have no idea what to anticipate. I know there’s going to be a lot of clips of me as a very young person. I think they’ll be a little bit stunned.”

The presentation included cute anecdotes from her famous friends and former co-stars, along with film clips.

“I’m really proud of so much,” the star told PEOPLE of her career. “Just the diversity the characters I’ve played. They’re important to me. My characters are like my friends. I really honor them and I feel really proud of the work that I’ve done in the last three years. Just creating more roles for other women.”

– Lindsay Kimble with Scott Huver




from Celebrity Babies and Kids - Moms & Babies - People.com
CBP

Comments

Popular Posts