IMSU Student Arraigned For Car Parts Theft In Lagos


imsu-NL

An Imo State University student, Chinedu Ibe, who was yesterday arraigned before an Igbosere Magistrate’s Court sitting in Lagos, for alleged damage and stealing of car parts, said he was told he could only get clean cars to steal at Lekki, Lagos.

The 24-year-old 200 level student is facing a three-count charge bordering on stealing and damage, preferred against him by the police.

The prosecutor, Sergeant Cyriacus Osuji, told the court that the defendant committed the alleged offences on July 24 at about 2:10a.m. at Fidelity Bank, Oniru Estate Victoria Island, Eti-Osa, Lagos.

He said Ibe damaged the side glasses of five cars parked within the bank’s premises, all valued at N900,000. According to the prosecutor, the offences committed are punishable under Section 409 and 348 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.

The defendant, who leaves with his aunt in Ojo Local Government, Lagos, said he was recruited into the ‘business’ by one Chidi, whose address he does not know.

The defendant told the court: “Chidi, who introduced me into this business, told me that it is only in Lekki I can find good cars and good parts to steal. I have stolen seven cars, four from Surulere and three from Okoko. What surprises me is that it is this same Chidi that buys these stolen parts from me.

“The highest price this Chidi has paid me for these parts is N28,000 and what keeps me amazed is that Chidi has been protecting me from the police. Whenever the police are after me, I usually call Chidi and we meet somewhere in coconut and then he resolves the issues.”

The magistrate, Mrs Adepoju, granted him N100,000 bail with two sureties in like sum. The sureties must be related to the defendant and must show evidence of two years tax payment and their addresses verified.

She adjourned the case to September 20 for mention.

The post IMSU Student Arraigned For Car Parts Theft In Lagos appeared first on Naijaloaded | Nigeria No. 1 Online Portal.

NL

Comments

Popular Posts