Still on Baba Suwe: Yomi Fabiyi challenges NDLEA


'Baba Suwe's health has deteriorated due to NDLEA torture' - Nollywood actor cries out

Nollywood actor and film-maker, Yomi Fabiyi is not giving up on his stance on the state of Baba Suwe‘s health which he claims deteriorated badly after the ‘torture done on him by NDLEA five years ago.’

With the new phone conversation where Baba Suwe admitted to being ill going viral, Yomi Fabiyi has once again taken to social media to call out NDLEA.

READ: ‘Baba Suwe’s health has deteriorated due to NDLEA torture’ – Nollywood actor cries out

This time he’s ‘challenging NDLEA to the court of conscience before we find all necessary means to return to the Supreme Court.’

Read his post below…

Duty of care should be our individual and collective national value. I must commend colleagues and Nigerians, thank you for lending your voice, we need it more.

‘In all honesty, Baba Suwe is critically ill and on no account did I ever demand DONATIONS from the public, please, WE ARE NOT BEGGING FOR DONATIONS. Some mischievous people in the industry or so made him distance himself from me before the honest ones could get him to articulate what I did.

NET Exclusive: ‘Please ignore Yomi Fabiyi, I’m in good health’ – Baba Suwe

‘Moreso, I am not raised to feast on other people’s predicament for self adulation or material gains. Forgiveness is the greatest weapon and trust me, I won’t allow that little twist deter my concern and care for my colleagues.

‘I must thank Yinka Quadri, Gbenga Adewusi, Monsuru Obadina (Fala), Kehinde Adeyemi and so on for their support in this regards. However, without going into exact details, I insist that the treatment and torture done on Baba Suwe during his detention is having adverse effect on his health now. I find NDLEA’s reaction honouring but just a professional response. NDLEA knew what they did to Baba Suwe when they took him to a laboratory on the Island in the middle of the night after the presiding judge threatened to free Baba Suwe if they can’t present a single proof against Baba Suwe in the next hearing. There are other terrible stuff but I will let the lawyers do the rest.

READ: Nollywood actor, Yomi Fabiyi defends his post on Baba Suwe’s ‘ill health’

‘We will continue to demand JUSTICE for Baba Suwe and we are looking to explore the maximum judicial and civil means until justice is served. The onus is still on NDLEA to tender a public apology, Baba Suwe’s image has been too battered. He still suffers the physical, emotional and psychological trauma. People deserve to be treated with dignity and respect.

‘I have utmost respect for the idea that established NDLEA and will never oppose diligent operations under the ambit of the law but what I will never support is injustice, torture and abuse of human right in the name of public service. I am challenging NDLEA to the court of conscience before we find all necessary means to return to the Supreme Court.’

NT

Comments

Popular Posts