This is how area boys cause mayhem on film sets- Omoni Oboli


Omoni-Oboli

Nollywood actress and filmmaker Omoni Oboli has decried the scourge of Lagos area boys on movie sets. In a series of posts on Instagram and Twitter, the thespian shared photos and videos of the street urchins who were fighting her film crew.

Writing and tagging Lagos State governor Akinwunmi Ambode in the posts, Oboli lamented the endless extortion by the area boys, saying that one of her crew members was stabbed in the mayhem.

‘I am totally fed up! Shooting in Lagos State is such a difficult experience. I’ve been settling area boys everyday yet they still fight us. The other day, they broke a bottle to stab my crew and seized my van key. You have to settle different factions. I’m a tax paying citizen of Lagos State. As filmmakers, we pay taxes even on a loss’, she wrote.

 


Continuing she said: I’m not shooting right now because they won’t let me. I’ve sent someone to call military personnel before they kill us!

The area boy menace seems to have no restriction as they show up to business premises, film sets, construction sites- anywhere and disrupt activities there until they are given various sums of money. Even that is no guarantee of them not causing chaos as different factions show up and demand their own ‘settlement’.

The post This is how area boys cause mayhem on film sets- Omoni Oboli appeared first on Nigerian Entertainment Today - Nigeria's Top Website for News, Gossip, Comedy, Videos, Blogs, Events, Weddings, Nollywood, Celebs, Scoop and Games.

NT

Comments

Popular Posts