‘I beat over 30 actors to the lead role in ‘The Wedding Party” – Banky W


Nigerian R&B star, Banky W has revealed that he had to audition to play the role of Dozie Onwuka in record-breaker The Wedding Party.

The ‘Made For You’ singer disclosed this during his motivational visit to the housemates in the Big Brother Naija reality TV show.

On his acting debut, Banky said: ‘Ability is one thing but you still have to go out and earn it. I had to audition and it’s funny to people because they think oh Banky W…

READ: What’s giving Banky W cold feet in ‘The Wedding Party’?

‘First of all, even for me, the only success that I know and I’m familiar with is success that you earn. I have never won a raffle draw. I don’t do luck, I do work. Hard work beats talent when Talent doesn’t work out. You have to earn your way in and earn up.’

On how he got the Wedding Party role: ‘For the Wedding Party, I was told to audition. I auditioned next to 20 and 30 people, got through the first round and told to come back. Went again and moved ahead. Then I got the role.’

He also advised the housemates to make use of the platform wisely, stating that the prize money is not as big as they think it is, making reference to the current exchange rate.

This post first appeared on TNS.

The post ‘I beat over 30 actors to the lead role in ‘The Wedding Party” – Banky W appeared first on Nigerian Entertainment Today - Nigeria's Top Website for News, Gossip, Comedy, Videos, Blogs, Events, Weddings, Nollywood, Celebs, Scoop and Games.

NT

Comments

Popular Posts