Toyo Baby Confesses That She Lied About Being A Virgin


Actress turned ‘writer’ Juliana Olayode, popular for her role as ‘Toyo’ on Jenifa’s Diary, comes clean about her self acclaimed virgin status. Having made a huge deal out of her being a virgin, she has disclosed that that indeed was a lie.

 

She said, “People had assumed I was a virgin. I had never said I was but I had never corrected their assumptions either. So, I was still in that fix.

Shortly after my confession, Ebony Life TV called me for an interview. I went and for the first time in my several interviews, I was asked point blank if I was a virgin. I tried to evade the question, but my interviewer was not having it.

She demanded a yes or no. I did not see the question coming and I lied. I said, “Yes, I am a virgin”. Immediately the interview was over, I hurried to the bathroom in the studio and cried. I felt terrible for lying and told God I was sorry.

 

I called Dee on my way home and confessed my wrong. I explained further when I got home. The next thing he said shocked me. He said, “Call her and confess the truth. Ask for a rescheduling of the interview; do it again and undo your mistake.”

I was not going to do that. I felt it was my secret and the whole world need not know about it. I was upset with myself, however, for answering her. I could have insisted I could not tell.

So, I proposed never to answer such again. Easier said than done, right? Shortly after, I was on another TV interview, Crux Of The Matter, with Elsie. I was invited to talk about sexual purity while the other guest spoke against.

In the process of the discussion, around the time when it was heated, I was asked out of the blues again if I was a virgin. And before I knew it, I heard myself lying again. I was mad at myself.

 

I was on another TV interview that trended for a while. It was On The Couch, with Lady Ariyike. I talked about sexual purity, but thankfully I was not asked if I was virgin. After that one, I decided to stop interviews altogether. I was tired of lying or having to dread lying if I was asked straight up.

The post Toyo Baby Confesses That She Lied About Being A Virgin appeared first on Nigerian Entertainment Today - Nigeria's Top Website for News, Gossip, Comedy, Videos, Blogs, Events, Weddings, Nollywood, Celebs, Scoop and Games.

NT

Comments

Popular Posts