“My Problem With Tunde Kelani Cannot Be Resolved Unless We Go To Court” – Nollywood Veteran, Baba Wande


If you were a 90s kid, then the hugely popular movie, Ti Oluwa Nile by veteran filmmaker, Tunde Kelani must have given you a few nightmares. The critically acclaimed film was written by Kareem Adepoju, popularly known as Baba Wande but many years later it looks like Baba Wande hasn’t gotten his full benefits.

According to an interview with Punch, the actor revealed how after the first part of the 3-part movie, filmmaker Tunde Kelani refused to give him his full benefits.

He said:

What actually happened is that I wrote the story and Tunde Kelani established a production company. He was the one who produced and financed the film. We both agreed that we would split the proceeds of the movies; he would take 70 per cent while I would take 30 percent. The movie was in three parts but when it was time to make the second part, he (Kelani) said he wouldn’t give me anything out of the proceeds of the movie again. Till today, I have not gotten anything else from the movie.

He continued:

It cannot be resolved unless we go to court and make a lot of noise publicly. However, I don’t want anything to disturb me. I am not ready to go to court with him but our children may decide to do that in future. Our children are more exposed and they may want to exert their rights over the movie later.

 

This post first appeared on www.tns.ng

The post “My Problem With Tunde Kelani Cannot Be Resolved Unless We Go To Court” – Nollywood Veteran, Baba Wande appeared first on Nigerian Entertainment Today.

NT

Comments

Popular Posts