NETTV Exclusive: ‘I Have Not Been In A Lot Of Movies Because Most Producers Cannot Afford Me’ – Jim Iyke


 

If you were an ardent follower or fan of Nollywood, then you should know the professionalism which Jim Iyke displayed in interpreting whichever role he was given in the late 9o’s to the early 20’s. Whether as a ‘bad boy’ or as a lover boy, Jim Iyke had the power to captivate his audience through his acting prowess and yes, he still does!

During an exclusive interview with NET TV, the Nollywood lover boy shared his thoughts on the recent Lagos Tanker Explosion, the New Nollywood and his love life.

It has been a terrible month, I hate June, 2018. This month has been registered in our mental archives as one of the worst months ever, this not the time to trade blames. We have one of the worst leaderships ever and it’s not a question of contest anymore, trust me, as people, we are so passive about certain things that happen to us that it just begins to look like sheer ignorance and we are not those kind of people’.

We are one of the most informed people. I do not understand how some things happen in here and this Government gets away with things or any other government for that matter. Our people literally just wake up and have a certain propensity to absorb some of the most tragic shocks and just take it with a smile and move on. We now wear it like a badge of honour to go through pain and come out with our heads up’.

Read: Jim Iyke Speaks On Why He Didn’t Marry Rita Dominic

‘It’s not enough for people to point at celebrities all the time and influencers and say it is not enough, I have a lot of direct messages from fans saying I should say something or add my voice to the people who and I told them I am not going to do it, I only put my voice on a platform that is the loudest, after all the noise, what are they going to do about it’?

He also went on to speak about the crop of actors who have formed the ‘New Nollywood’ and the general notion that today’s artistes lack creativity and talent.

I don’t think that is the case. It is wrong to say today’s artistes lack productivity and talent. When the likes of Ramsey Nuoah, Myself, Emeka Ike were acting, that was what was said about us as well, but I did not let it bother me. We learnt on the job and we got better with time. So I think they will also get better with time’

Also speaking on his longtime break from the industry, Jim with a bold grin said, ‘I have not been away, it is the producers who cannot afford me. So I know my worth. But I have been busy creating opportunities and jobs for Nigerian Youths so that we all can live better lives.

‘My team and I have created a new app called ‘Oga Work’ App. it is an App that makes it easy to find quality service providers, Job Recruiters. We did not just build an App for the play store and App Store for business as usual. We built an App that provides solutions to your financial and career problems so that youths would not just sit back and wait for the government to provide jobs for them’.

Watch his full interview below:

The post NETTV Exclusive: ‘I Have Not Been In A Lot Of Movies Because Most Producers Cannot Afford Me’ – Jim Iyke appeared first on Nigerian Entertainment Today.

NT

Comments

Popular Posts