Love or Loathe: Blake Lively’s Deadpool Premiere Look
Because I’m not into comic books or whatever, I’m only vaguely familiar with Deadpool as a character or concept. However, I am quite well-versed in all things sartorial and sexy, so you can bet I was at the movie’s premiere last night to take a good long, lusty look at star Ryan Reynolds and — more importantly — what his lovely bride Blake Lively was wearing.
Observe:
Nicholas Hunt/Getty Images
Like, can you two not with that cuteness? It’s making the rest of us depressed and annoyed.
While I quite like Ry’s look–a navy suit, mod tie, and polka dot shirt–I’m not quite as crazy over B’s ensemble. This embellished Chanel dress harkens back to a similar Chanel look she donned at Cannes a few years back:
Tim P. Whitby/Getty Images
And I didn’t like that gown either. On their own, a nipped bodice, one-shoulder, satin, pockets and iridescent embellishments aren’t terrible. But together? It’s not a great combo.
Nicholas Hunt/Getty Images
While j’adore her hair and makeup — obviously — sorry Queen B, but I shan’t bow down to this dress. True, she can wear a Hefty bag with a rope for a belt and still rock it, but she makes soooo few red carpet appearances that I wish she’d chosen her look with more care.
But really, it’s not Blake’s fault. As a Chanel spokeswoman (words I would love to put on my own resume, le sigh), she’s most likely obligated to choose a frock from their collection and clearly this is their design theme at the moment. I’m not sure if the fashion house just got a deal on bulk plastic gems and glue guns but this vibe isn’t working for me or any other fashionista, I imagine.
What’s your take on B’s latest look? Is she a vision in a very unique dress or is it a rare misstep from our favorite fox?
The post Love or Loathe: Blake Lively’s Deadpool Premiere Look appeared first on Gossip Girl.
http://ift.tt/1Sem46X GG
Comments
Post a Comment