Love or Loathe: Dakota Johnson’s Golden Glow
I came to terms with Dakota Johnson as Anastasia Steele quite a while ago but I haven’t much warmed to her as a fashionista. She’s made her share of style missteps, most recently the nude gown she wore to the premiere of How To Be Single, but I’m happy to report that she’s either found a new stylist or read this site.
Check out her look at the film’s London premiere:
Eamonn M. McCormack/Getty Images
Sorry, I should’ve warned you that the gown may be blinding. This custom Marc Jacobs confection is made from a crinkly silk that doesn’t always work with shiny fabric but I really enjoy this dress. Well, sort of. It looks like your very-glamorous-but-also-kind-of-conservative aunt made it. It has a very DIY look, and the chest area swallows up any semblance of curves.
I’m also not fond of whatever her hair is–or isnt–doing, and ditto with the makeup. A tight, sleek undo would’ve worked nicely with this but the shaggy bangs belie the glamour of the gown. Pick a persona, Dak.
Overall though I give this look a thumbs up, mostly because I can’t resist anything metallic. But let’s try to keep your fashion sense moving in this direction, DJ. If you do, you may just end up on my best dressed list yet…xoxo
The post Love or Loathe: Dakota Johnson’s Golden Glow appeared first on Gossip Girl.
http://ift.tt/1WeXDoh GG
Comments
Post a Comment